Classification: Full Time, Non-exempt
Catholic Required: Yes
Reviewed Date: September 27, 2016
Supervisor: Director of Ministries and Apostolates
- Serving as a point of contact and coordinating all children’s faith formation-related activities including special events to enable the community to have a lively and fuller experience of faith-filled formation.
Essential Job Duties:
- Coordinating all children-related activities for parish programs.
- Recruitment and training of volunteers as catechists, assistants and in support positions.
- Participates as a member of the Faith Formation team with youth and adult formation ministry coordinators to integrate children program planning with youth and adult programs.
- Consulting the Director in matters related to formation and about the above duties.
- Performing other duties or assignments that may be required by the Pastor/Director.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ensure sound Catholic teaching in an age appropriate pedagogy, with well-trained catechists in a joyful and disciplined environment.
- Oversee the registration and admission process in a timely, organized manner.
- Coordinate the efficient and smooth running of all the age appropriate faith formation for PreK-6 with the help of catechists and volunteers (Wed. 6pm-7pm, Sun 9:45am-10:45am, Sun 4:15pm-5:15pm).
- Coordinate the First Reconciliation and First Holy Communion Sacramental Preparation (10 classes outside of regular Faith Formation classes). Baptized Catholics, 2nd grade and above are eligible.
- Coordinate RCIA for children (unbaptized children, seven years and older are eligible).
- Coordinate Vacation Bible School, usually held during summer, for a week, Monday-Friday.
- Coordinate the recruitment, training, ongoing formation, and supervision of the catechists, aides, substitutes and volunteers.
- Communicate with parents and other staff members appropriately and in a timely manner; providing them with information and formation as necessary.
- Organize the curriculum, lesson plans, textbooks, teaching aids, classroom supplies, etc. for the classrooms.
- Coordinate liturgical formation, devotional practices, sacramental celebrations, prayer times, etc. for spiritual growth.
- Organize the collection and maintenance of necessary certificates, documents, and attendance records and all necessary paper work and follow-up.
- Prepare, monitor and manage the budget as approved by the administrative staff.
- Ensure a safe environment for the children and others by enforcing EIM compliance.
- Ensure the proper use and safety of the facilities as required and maintain cleanliness and an inviting environment (particularly in the share facilities with CDC).
- Make possible the needed accommodations to care for special needs children.
- Be responsible for working with guest speakers, guest priests, and other parish leaders in ministry as and when necessary.
- Organize special events such as All Saints’ Day, Epiphany Party, STA Feast, etc.
- A practicing Roman Catholic with sound moral character and a contagious faith.
- A servant heart and a desire to view this position as a ministry/call.
- Basic understanding of theology, catechesis, ecclesiology, catechism of the Catholic Church, Liturgy and Scripture.
- A general background in education, administration, organization, and management of personnel, time and resources.
- A prayerful disposition to work with clergy, volunteers, staff, parents, children and difficult people.
- A willingness to learn, take responsibility, and follow instructions with a positive outlook and good planning.
- A minimum competence in computer skills, knowledge of PDS, Microsoft Office and web interface.
- An ability to communicate well and in a Christian way.
- Willingness to work flexible hours.
- Certification or degree in Catechesis/Theology/Education preferred.
- Knowledge of the parish and the community is a plus.
Bachelor’s Degree in a related field preferred; Master’s degree preferred.
3-5 years’ work experience in a Catholic Church or institution preferred.
: English language skills required. Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
: Basic understanding of Catholic catechism.
Must be a practicing Catholic in good standing.
- Must be certified in Diocese of Austin EIM within 90 days of employment and maintain certification throughout the employment period.
- Valid Texas driver’s license.
How to Apply: Submit Resume, letter of intent, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org