The Bryan/College Station Conference of the St. Vincent de Paul Society (SVdP) is part of an international Catholic lay organization dedicated to offering person-to-person assistance in relieving the need and suffering of individuals and families in our communities, and providing them Christian friendship and solidarity.
Our Conference comprises members from the five Catholic parishes: St. Anthony's, St. Joseph's, St. Mary's, Santa Teresa's, and St. Thomas Aquinas. With the support of these parishes, the St. Vincent de Paul Society provides a variety of services in our communities, including:
· St. Vincent de Paul Store (300 N. Main St., Bryan, TX 77803)
· Food and clothing assistance
· Financial assistance with rent, utilities, prescription drugs or transportation
· Disaster assistance
For more information or to volunteer, contact the
For more information or to volunteer, contact the SdVP office.
St. Vincent de Paul Thanksgiving Food Drive and Call for Volunteers
St. Vincent de Paul Society provides low or no-income families with bags of groceries to help them during the holiday through their annual Thanksgiving Food Drive.
Ways you can help:
• Bring non-perishable food items to the SVdP food drive at church from October 29- November 16. Here are the needs: 15 oz. cans of corn, green beans, 2 cans of any other vegetables, 2 cans of fruit; a can of pumpkin, 29 oz. cans of sweet potatoes; 1 lb. bags of pinto beans & rice; 13-15 oz. box potato flakes; 12 oz. bag egg noodles; 7.25 oz. boxes of Mac & Cheese; 6 oz. box stuffing mix, 8 oz. cornbread pouches; small envelopes of dry gravy mix; any boxed dessert mix (please include frosting with cake mix).
• Consider a monetary donation so that they can provide each family with a grocery gift card to buy perishables like turkey, fruit, bread, milk, and eggs. Please mail your donation directly to St. Vincent de Paul of Bryan-College Station, 300 N. Main St., Bryan, TX 77803.
• Sign up to Volunteer: Lots of help is needed to a) sort food on Fri. Nov. 18 (pm), set up and bag groceries on Sat. Nov 19 (am), load, deliver the groceries, and clean up on Sat. Nov. 19 (pm). This year they will use an online sign up form to fill all volunteer slots. First come-first serve! Here is the link: http://bit.ly/SVdPThanksgiving. Contact Esther for additional information or questions.