Classification: Part Time
Catholic Required: Yes
Reviewed Date: April 2017
Supervisor: Director of Faith Formation
Essential Job Duties:
- Will work under the supervision of the Director of Faith Formation and within the framework of the entire youth ministry program at St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic Church.
- Responsible for the planning, coordinating, and implementation of all 5th and 6th grade Sunday night formation programs.
- Assist the Director of Faith Formation in the implementation of youth ministry mid-week programs as needed.
- Assist the Director of Faith Formation in the planning, coordinating, and implementation of all youth ministry special events.
- Assist the Director of Faith Formation in all aspects of the Confirmation Sacramental Program.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Meet with the Director of Faith Formation on a regular basis throughout the week.
- Maintain regular weekly office hours as agreed with the Director of Faith Formation. (~6 hours per week)
- Plan and coordinate the implementation of Sunday night Formation.
- Setup and cleanup all areas needed for Sunday night program along with assist in setup of meal area. (Arrive at approximately 2 p.m. on Sundays)
- Assist in the planning and implementation of all youth ministry special events.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule that will include evenings, weekends, and special occasions.
- Develop and maintain communication with teens and parents through print materials, emails, and social media.
- Recruit, develop, and communicate with the ministry’s Core Team members.
- Other duties will as assigned.
Education and Trainings:
- Have a deep knowledge of the Catholic faith with the ability to share the faith with others.
- Have a deep prayer life and love of the Sacraments.
- Be a dynamic and engaging public speaker.
- Have a demonstrated ability to effectively minister to youth.
- Have great communication skills with the ability to relate with parents.
- Be able to lead a Core Team of volunteers through clear communication and organization.
- Be creative, self-motivated, and constantly exhibit joy in the ministry.
- Have proficient computer skills with the ability to do basic design of print and social media communications.
Bachelor’s Degree or in pursuit of a Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
1-2 years of youth ministry experience preferred.
: English language skills required.
: Must be a practicing Catholic in good standing with a solid understanding of theology and the Deposit of Faith.
- Must be certified in Diocese of Austin EIM within 90 days of employment and maintain certification throughout the employment period.
- Valid Texas driver’s license.